Monday, March 28, 2011

Pudding Pops.....

Wow! What a weekend!!! Friday night, in preparation for my death on Monday, Daniel brought Chipotle home and we relaxed. I know, we are old and boring. Saturday was the day I had been waiting on for 4 months. It was Bill Cosby day!!!! First I had to go to work and put in a longggggg 2.5 hrs. I'm pretty sure that everyone that worked that day and all customers were aware of the fact that I was on a Cosby countdown. Why, bc I was telling everyone! You may be wondering why I am Cosby crazy. Growing up I can remember sitting with my mom and watching it. That's saying a lot because I really don't remember most of my childhood. (Maybe Ill touch on this in another post) I felt like it was something we bonded over. Then recently I discovered that EVERY season is on Netflix. Now the kids and I watch it almost everyday. Its good clean, family centered television. They love it. Anyways, it was a great night. This was a business meeting. Daniel and his partner were using this event to take some potential customers out. We met at Granite City and had some awesome appetizers and some disgusting ravioli. Oh and I forgot to mention that one of the customers couldn't make it so my awesome friend Debb got to come along. So at this point we all head to the Embassy and wait, not so patiently for Dr. Huxtable to make his appearance. He walked out after about 15 mins of waiting and....I almost cried. We all stood and clapped. I love this man!!!! His show is entitled "Hello Friend." Its a very appropriate title as the whole time he was either sitting in a chair, on the edge of the stage or laying on the floor trying to get up. He called a man up after his cell phone started beeping....this young man got busted watching that Butler game on his phone. It was great. You truly felt like you were sitting watching an old friend (literally, he is 73) share his stories and jokes. I laughed so hard that I cried at times. Ill say it one more time, ahhhhhmazing show!! OK moving on. After the Cosby experience was over Daniel and I decided that while we had a sitter we might as well make the most of the night. We went to Rave to try out the new IMAX theatre. We saw Sucker Punch. It was a strange, hard to follow, but good movie. I would give it 3.5 almost 4 out of 5 stars. The IMAX however did NOT impress me at all. Its just a bigger screen that hurts my eyes and neck to try to look at. Its also louder, as if those movies need to be any louder. Oh well, the popcorn was good. Even better was the moment when Daniel reached over to hold my hand. We had gotten into a bit of a tiff on the way there and neither one of us wanted to admit we were wrong. He even speed walked to the theatre from the parking lot, leaving me in the dust. Yeah we are both stubborn. We have, however, hit that point in our marriage where we fight fairly instead of screaming and sometimes physically fighting. We just walk away or shut our mouths. I shut my mouth and eventually find my way to prayer. I should probably work on being the first to apologize. I'm a work in progress though, eventually i will get there.

Sunday included prayer before church, worship and then a wonderful sermon delivered by God through the lips of Eric Wood. It was a very moving sermon and call to be a "Samaritan".  It started with these verses:

Hebrews 13:15 Through Jesus, therefore , let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise-the fruit of the lips that confess his name. 16 And do not forget to do good to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

WOW

To me this goes well with Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Also Hosea 14:2 was a verse given to look at. "Take words with you and return to the Lord. Say to him: Forgive all our sins and receive us graciously, that we may offer the fruit of our lips.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

What did I take from this? That I am called to spread Gods word. That when people look at me they will not see my works but Gods works through me. I want to be a sweet aroma to those around me and not an awful stench. Gods love should shine through me and, especially in my marriage, sometimes that means keeping my mouth shut, taming my tongue and/or humbling myself and being the first to apologize. Very convicting after the situation on Saturday night.

So moving forward this week, my eyes are focused on Him. He is my anchor, He is my strength, the source of my joy and the one who paid the price for my sins..past, present and future. As Jesus hung on that cross, all of my sins were in the future. THANK YOU LORD!!!! We are so undeserving of His love but he graciously pours it out upon us. I am blessed and hope that moving forward you are as well.

OK so this wasn't a funny haha post BUT tonight is my first meeting with the personal trainer so I'm sure I will have plenty to say about my near death experience!! I hope everyone enjoyed it and maybe took something from it. Be blessed this week and please let me know how I can be praying for you!!

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment