Thursday, September 8, 2011

And then there was 1.....

What a great summer I was blessed with. The kids and I kept busy and had tons of fun. Finally everyone was old enough to enjoy summer activities to the fullest!!! We took advantage of all of the area splash pads and of course utilized the new Jury Pool to its fullest. This was the first summer that I wasn't wishing the days away by the time school rolled around. I was definitely sad to see it go.

August 17th marked the beginning of a new season in my life. For the first time all 4 of my children are away at school from 8:08 am till 4:40 pm. I'm home alone all day. Its the strangest thing ever. I don't know what to do with myself. Nobody asks me to fix them a pb&j. Nobody wants a glass of water. Nobody spills said glass of water. No little feet running through the house. No little mouths yelling my name from the other room. But there are less dirty dishes, dirty clothes, screaming matches, wrestling matches and messes all together. Its been bittersweet really. There have been a lot of tears and prayers. Lots of waiting on The Lord and asking for guidance. I'm hoping to find ways to utilize my new found free in a way that would serve others. My Mom has been an amazing blessing during this time. She can relate to what I'm going through and is helping guide me through this transition. Ive also got some awesome friends to keep me smiling.  Slowly I am getting into a routine. I'm reading 4-5 books a week and getting tons more cleaning done!

On a lighter note......My.Kids.Are.Insane. I love them. I love that Sky is sensitive and loving and has the best sense of humor. I love that Amy can go from being a princess to kicking her brothers butts in 2 secs. I love that Joshua is a ditsy blonde and a mans man all at the same time. I love that Konner keeps me guessing. I never have any idea what he is going to do or say. They rock. I am so thankful to God for entrusting their precious little lives to me during their time on this earth. No matter how much I joke around about them please don't ever think that I count them as anything less than a blessing in my life.

Thank you Lord for this crazy/beautiful/chaotic life you have blessed me with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment