Saturday, April 16, 2011

Kids....

We had a couple of funny conversations and situations at the Clark house this week. They def need to be documented so I thought, what better place to do it than my blog?

Last night I was making goulash for dinner. I went to get the tomato soup from the pantry and realized that there was a good portion of my canned food missing. Tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, sloppy Jo mix, soups etc. I was puzzled. Then it clicked. Josh. He has a field trip next week and they are supposed to bring ONE canned good item. We had already discussed the fact that we would decide next week what he was going to take. Why not just let him grab one? Well, I do my shopping weekly and generally everything in my pantry is designated for a meal. So, I call Josh into the kitchen:

Me: Josh did you take some cans to school?
Josh: Yes, I had to.
Me: Josh we talked about this already. You were going to take one next week.
Josh: But mom I had to, the poor people are hungry!
Me: Josh, that is very kind of you but you didn't ask...how many did you take?
Josh: 10.

End of conversation. While I appreciate my sons concern for the food bank, he might have gotten a little carried away. I'm not sure how he even carried his bag to school with 10 cans in it....and me not noticing!!

Next. There is usually a radio playing somewhere in our house. It is usually on 88.3 , 90.3 or 95.1 . This morning it was 95.1. The kids know that I don't like Lady Gaga and we change it when she comes on. So Amy hears a song that she believes is by her and panics.

Amy: Mom, lady Gaga is on, ill turn the station!!
Me: ummm...Amy...that's Michael Jackson.
Amy: He sounds like a girl.
Skylar: He sounds like Justin Beiber. Justin Beiber is in puberty. Right mom?
Me: IN puberty? I think he already went through puberty.
Skylar: Well during the 3 days that I go through puberty, I'm going to be a rock star.

I have no idea who his source is but I don't think its reliable. My kids are crazy.

Short blog, but it had to be documented.

2 comments: